Stephen has been innovating in digital marketing for the past 15+ years. His career in digital marketing started after business school when he joined Lycos, one of the first major search engines and most visited online destinations in the world. He led brand marketing and then spearheaded innovation in streaming media and wireless digital media products. After Lycos, he led product marketing of premium e-commerce offerings for AOL Instant Messenger.
In 2004 he began a six-year tenure at American Express managing Online Customer Acquisition and Product Marketing for their Small Business division. Among other things, he created and launched the OPEN Forum content marketing platform and won the company’s Chairman’s Award for Innovation for his work on the 2008 Plum Card product launch.
His recent career pursuits have built on previous experiences: at Federated Media (they invented content marketing), he led a team focused on analyzing and optimizing content marketing programs for clients Intel, American Express, Dell, Gillette and L’Oreal; then, at Asurion, the global leader in technology protection services, he led a complex global site re-design as part of a company rebranding and organizational merger. He is currently at Citibank managing Marketing Technology Capabilities, focused on building and enhancing Online Marketing Identity Recognition, Personalization and Targeting capabilities.
- VP – Marketing Technology: Identity Management Capabilities – Citibank
- Digital New Product Development & Innovation – Citibank
- Sr. Manager Online Marketing and Digital Product Management – Asurion
- Director, Online Analytics and Strategy – Federated Media
- Sr. Manager: Online Acquisition, Product Marketing – American Express
- Sr. Marketing Manager, AOL Instant Messenger – AOL
- Product Marketing Manager – Lycos
Fordham University, Gabelli School of Business
MBA – Marketing, Information & Communication Systems (Dual Major)
Syracuse University, Maxwell School of Citizenship & Public Affairs