Senior Digital Product Marketing Leader
Marketing expert with MBA and 20+ years experience leading digital strategy and execution for market leaders such as Citibank, American Express, Federated Media, AOL and Lycos. Reputation for shaping and executing complex initiatives supporting online customer acquisition, digital product development/marketing, global website design, content marketing and marketing automation.
- DATA-DRIVEN DECISION MAKER – Leverage multiple analytic tools as well as primary/secondary research to gain competitive advantage. Strong understanding of metrics design, technical programming and automation tools.
- INNOVATOR – Devised/launched American Express’ award-winning OPEN Forum content marketing program; recognized with Chairman’s Award for Innovation, 2009. Integrated AOL IM with TV show, “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?”
- BUSINESS PARTNER – Excels at fostering relationships and influencing/building consensus across diverse business groups. Repeatedly established shared vision across multi-disciplinary teams (internal and external) along with strong focus on value creation.
Areas of Expertise
Strategy Development • Customer Acquisition • Product Life Cycle • Communications Strategy • Social Media Value Propositions • Product Positioning • Brand Strategy • User Experience • Metrics • Marketing Analytics • Predictive Modeling • Multivariate Testing • Digital Marketing Best Practices • Emerging Social Trends • Digital Product Development and Management
SVP – Trade Solutions: Digital Onboarding and Self Initiation UX
Part of product team leading transformation of Trade Solutions onboarding experience enabling domestic and international (LatAm, EMEA, APAC) clients to initiate account opening requests via Citi’s digital portal. Managing full production lifecycle including requirements gathering and definition, prioritization, design and UX, testing, and launch.
VP – Digital Money Movement: Business Strategy & Analytics
Managed Money Movement business metrics and analytics, ensuring key internal leadership and stakeholders are up to date on KPIs and business trends. Led transformation of ‘siloed’ Analytics capabilities to enable more informative analysis. Led migration of Inter-Institutional Transfer product from 3rd party vendor, resulting in being recognized with internal award. Led engagement with third party consultants to develop forward looking strategy.
VP – Marketing Technology: Identity Management Capabilities
Led enterprise wide initiatives focusing on Consumer Identity, Digital Targeting, and Personalization capabilities. Launched Identity Graph mapping capability that enabled marketing systems to more effectively use available data in targeting algorithms, and Cross Channel 360° campaigns. Managed business partner relationships with Acquisition, Customer/Loyalty Marketing, and external agency/database marketing partners (Acxiom, LiveRamp).
Digital Product Development: TY Rewards Development/Innovation
Managed development and deployment of Digital Marketing capabilities across Domestic and International Markets for Citi ThankYou Rewards. Led redesign of online ThankYou Points Transfer experience across Domestic and International markets, redesign of FAQs experience, translation of domestic site to Spanish, and the development and rollout of CMS capabilities.
Sr. Manager, Interactive & Online Marketing
Owned global end-to-end business, product development, and user experience strategy for multiple company websites, including site and content strategy, marketing and promotion, design/UX, capabilities assessment & implementation, and budget management. Partnered directly with teams responsible for Design, Front End Development, Engineering, and Analytics.
- Delivered 30% YOY traffic lift by leading successful transition to new global brand architecture and mobile responsive website redesign, integration of marketing intelligence, merger of primary plus ancillary sites, and launch of Careers and International portals (Europe, Far East/Japan).
- Directed user experience strategy and program development for an in-store Tablet Kiosk pilot with Wal-Mart.
- Launched pilot Tablet Protection Services & Support program and company’s 1st content marketing blog.
- More About My Time @ Asurion
Director, Online Analytics and Strategy
Managed team focused on data-driven analysis and optimization of large-scale content marketing programs that leveraged social media and publishing technologies. Scope included business strategy, forecasting, KPI definition, pre/post sales strategic analysis, advertising optimization, best practice definition via testing/learning, and predictive modeling. Clients included American Express, Dell, Intel, Proctor & Gamble, HP and others.
- Generated 29% lift in acquisition by optimizing AmEx advertising program vs. high-value Quantcast targets.
- Doubled initial performance lift by testing different treatments/placements of on-site content links.
- Gained $5M+ account wins by developing predictive data models to forecast “earned” value of content programs shared via social media.
- More About My Time @ FM
Sr. Manager, Charge Card Product Marketing (Small Business)
Selected to lead product positioning, value proposition development, customer experience, multi-channel communications strategy, and loyalty marketing for Small Business Division’s multi billion-dollar Gold Card portfolio. Full P&L accountability. Managed internal partnerships with Finance, High Value Relationship Management, Membership Rewards, and other teams.
- Leveraged primary market research, customer insights/testimonials and business results to inform positioning, development and launch of new communications strategy.
- Led team that re-engineered Business Gold Card value proposition, delivering multi-million-dollar benefit to business.
- Increased retention 10%-20% by developing and leading training related to Early Tenure and Retention tele-channels.
- More About My Time @ AmEx
Sr. Manager, Online Acquisition Marketing (Small Business)
Promoted to manage online acquisition strategy, creative development and campaign execution for display media, affiliate, paid search and social media channels. Guided up to 3 agencies concurrently, scores of cross-functional staff, 3 direct reports, and multiple external agency partners in managing online campaigns utilizing behavioral targeting, and A/B and multivariate testing.
- Won 2009 Chairman’s Award for Innovation for leading online launch strategy for Plum Card.
- Devised and launched award-winning OPENForum.com content marketing program.
- Drove 32% YOY gain (2008) in the number of Active Channel cards acquired (Affiliate, Display Media and Search).
- Engineered 36% improvement in spending efficiency of Display Media channel with a consolidated buying strategy.
- Improved Media apply rates 150% by implementing results of multivariate testing.
- Delivered 218% response lift by implementing a retargeting focused media strategy, resulting in 10% of channel cards acquired from 8% of retargeted channel impressions.
- More About My Time @ AmEx
Manager, Interactive Business Lead (Small Business, Merchant Services)
Drove onsite customer loyalty strategy/experience, including Summary of Accounts redesign. Supported 3 card launches by managing site development, release schedule and cross-functional teams. Established productive relationships throughout business unit to lead online customer acquisition cross sell, search, e-mail marketing, and e-mail policy compliance.
- Influenced Merchant Services leadership to shift global interactive strategy as well as tactical acquisition strategies targeting vertical industries (Healthcare, Real Estate/Rental).
- Doubled new cards acquired in first 3 months post-redesign of Summary of Accounts.
- Grew Merchant Acquisition 15% YoY with e-mail, paid search and affiliate marketing initiatives.
- Delivered 35% lift in enterprise e-mail marketing campaign conversions and 88% lift in emails captured.
- More About My Time @ AmEx
Previous Marketing Experience
Sr. Product Marketing Manager – Instant Messenger
Developed and marketed premium products and services to 37MM IM customers. Orchestrated integration of AIM with TV game show “Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?” enabling live voting via IM. Read more about my time at AOL.
Sr. Product Marketing Manager – Broadband, Multimedia + Mobile
Promoted to lead global broadband/multimedia strategy and platform product development, including metrics definition and ROI analysis. Scope included full product development lifecycle and cross sell/partnership marketing.
Brand Marketing Manager – Personal Publishing (Tripod, Angelfire)
Managed brand marketing for personal publishing products/services, including research, promotions, usability testing, and international product launches. Defined/executed partner marketing programs with Intel, Microsoft and Sony Music. Read more about my time at Lycos.
Foundational Marketing roles at DDB Needham, Ogilvy, and Bozell (NY)
Gabelli School of Business
New York, NY
Maxwell School of Citizenship & Public Affairs