Senior Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing expert with MBA and 15+ years experience leading digital strategy and execution for market leaders such as Citibank, American Express, Federated Media, AOL and Lycos. Reputation for shaping and executing complex initiatives supporting online customer acquisition, digital product development/marketing, global website design, content marketing and marketing automation.
- DATA-DRIVEN DECISION MAKER – Leverage multiple analytic tools as well as primary/secondary research to gain competitive advantage. Strong understanding of metrics design, technical programming and automation tools.
- INNOVATOR – Devised/launched American Express’ award-winning OPEN Forum content marketing program; recognized with Chairman’s Award for Innovation, 2009. Integrated AOL IM with TV show, “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” Created video sharing for Lycos pre-YouTube.
- BUSINESS PARTNER – Excels at fostering relationships and influencing/building consensus across diverse business groups. Repeatedly established shared vision across multi-disciplinary teams (internal and external) along with strong focus on value creation.
Areas of Expertise
Strategy Development • Customer Acquisition • Product Life Cycle • Communications Strategy • Social Media Value Propositions • Product Positioning • Brand Strategy • User Experience • Metrics • Marketing Analytics • Predictive Modeling • Multivariate Testing • Digital Marketing Best Practices • Emerging Social Trends • Digital Product Development and Management
Citibank New York, NY
VP – Marketing Technology: Identity Management Capabilities (5/2017 – Present)
Leading enterprise wide initiatives focusing on developing Consumer Identity, Digital Targeting, and Personalization capabilities to enable Cross Channel 360° campaigns. Managing internal business partner relationships with Acquisition and Customer/Loyalty Marketing and external agency and database marketing partners (Acxiom, LiveRamp).
Digital Product Development: New Product Development/Innovation Team (2015-2017)
Managed development and deployment of Digital Marketing capabilities across Domestic and International Markets for Citi ThankYou Rewards. Led redesign of online ThankYou Points Transfer experience across Domestic and International markets, redesign of FAQs experience, translation of domestic site to Spanish, and the development and rollout of CMS capabilities.
Asurion Bridgewater, NJ
Sr. Manager, Interactive & Online Marketing
Owned global end-to-end business, product development, and user experience strategy for multiple company websites, including site and content strategy, marketing and promotion, design/UX, capabilities assessment & implementation, and budget management. Partnered directly with teams responsible for Design, Front End Development, Engineering, and Analytics.
- Delivered 30% YOY traffic lift by leading successful 2014 transition to new global brand architecture and website redesign, including mobile responsive experience, integration of marketing intelligence, merger of 2 primary plus ancillary sites, and launch of Careers and International portals (Europe, Far East/Japan).
- Directed user experience strategy and program development for an in-store Tablet Kiosk pilot with Wal-Mart.
- Launched pilot Tablet Protection Services and Support program as well as company’s 1st content marketing blog.
- More About My Time @ Asurion
Federated Media (Now HYFN Media) New York, NY
Director, Online Analytics and Strategy
Managed team focused on data-driven analysis and optimization of large-scale content marketing programs that leveraged social media and publishing technologies. Scope included business strategy, forecasting, KPI definition, pre/post sales strategic analysis, advertising optimization, best practice definition via testing/learning, and predictive modeling. Clients included American Express, Dell, Intel, Proctor & Gamble, HP and others.
- Generated 29% gain in account acquisition by optimizing AmEx advertising program vs. high-value Quantcast targets.
- Doubled initial performance lift by testing different treatments/placements of on-site content links.
- Gained $5M+ account wins by developing predictive data models to forecast “earned” value of content programs shared via social media.
- Even More About My Time @ FM
American Express New York, NY
Sr. Mgr, Charge Card Product Marketing – OPEN Small Business (2008-10)
Selected to lead product positioning, value proposition development, customer experience, multi-channel communications strategy, and loyalty marketing for Small Business Division’s multibillion-dollar Gold Card portfolio. Full P&L accountability. Managed internal partnerships with Finance, High Value Relationship Management, Membership Rewards, and other teams.
- Leveraged primary market research, customer insights/testimonials and business results to inform positioning, development and launch of new communications strategy.
- Led team that re-engineered Business Gold Card value proposition, delivering multimillion-dollar benefit to business.
- Increased retention 10%-20% by developing and leading training related to Early Tenure and Retention tele-channels.
- More About My Time @ AmEx
Sr. Mgr, Online Acquisition Marketing – OPEN Small Business (2006-08)
Promoted to manage online acquisition strategy, creative development and campaign execution for display media, affiliate, paid search and social media channels. Guided up to 3 agencies concurrently, scores of cross-functional staff, 3 direct reports, and multiple external agency partners in managing online campaigns utilizing behavioral targeting, and A/B and multivariate testing.
- Won 2009 Chairman’s Award for Innovation by leading online launch strategy for Plum Card.
- Devised and launched award-winning OPENForum.com content marketing program.
- Drove 32% YOY gain (2008) in the number of Active Channel cards acquired (Affiliate, Display Media and Search).
- Engineered 36% improvement in spending efficiency of Display Media channel with a consolidated buying strategy.
- Improved Media apply rates 150% by implementing results of multivariate testing.
- Delivered 218% response lift by implementing a retargeting focused media strategy, resulting in 10% of channel cards acquired from 8% of retargeted channel impressions.
- More About My Time @ AmEx
Drove onsite customer loyalty strategy/experience, including Summary of Accounts redesign. Supported 3 card launches by managing site development, release schedule and cross-functional teams. Established productive relationships throughout business unit to lead online customer acquisition cross sell, search, e-mail marketing, and e-mail policy compliance.
- Strongly influenced Merchant Services leadership to shift global interactive strategy as well as tactical acquisition strategies for vertical industries (Healthcare, Real Estate/Rental).
- Gained 100% lift in new cards acquired in first 3 months post-redesign of Summary of Accounts.
- Achieved 15% YOY online Merchant Acquisition growth with e-mail, paid search and affiliate marketing initiatives.
- Outpaced enterprise e-mail marketing campaign conversions by 35%. Delivered 88% lift in emails captured.
- More About My Time @ AmEx
Previous Marketing Experience
Sr. Manager, Product Marketing, AOL – Instant Messenger, 2004
Developed and marketed premium products and services to 37MM IM customers. Orchestrated integration of AIM with TV game show “Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?” enabling live voting via IM. More About My Time @ AOL
Product Marketing Manager, Lycos – Broadband, Multimedia + Mobile, 2000-03
Promoted to lead global broadband/multimedia strategy and platform product development, including metrics definition and ROI analysis. Scope included full product development lifecycle and cross sell/partnership marketing.
Managed brand marketing for personal publishing products/services, including research, promotions, usability testing, and international product launches. Defined/executed partner marketing programs with Intel, Microsoft and Sony Music. More About My Time @ Lycos
Foundational Marketing Roles at DDB Needham Worldwide Inc., Ogilvy & Mather and Bozell Worldwide (NY)
Fordham University – Gabelli School of Business New York, NY
MBA – Dual Focus: Marketing, Information & Communications Systems
Syracuse University – Maxwell School of Citizenship & Public Affairs Syracuse, NY
BA – History