- Twitter Tuesday – The Week In Tweets https://t.co/bl9EjREeTW 2019-11-19
- RT @SethAbramson: THIS. THIS. The whole thing. All eight minutes. Pass it on. https://t.co/d0xg0HriE0 2019-11-19
- #Sondland's testimony https://t.co/r9TglPLRlv 2019-11-20
- RT @jonfavs: A vote to protect Trump from impeachment is a vote to greenlight bribery, extortion, and foreign interference in the 2020 elec… 2019-11-20
- RT @MJMcKean: Follow the money… https://t.co/R0PNABFqpp 2019-11-20
- RT @NBChristinaGinn: This Amb. Sondland pic is the greatest. via @washingtonpost https://t.co/wzA8JbcSfB 2019-11-20
- RT @MikeMadden: If “Saturday Night Live” doesn’t have Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Chevy Chase on this weekend to play the Three Amigos… 2019-11-21
- RT @jonlovett: The disdain on Fiona Hill’s face as Jim Jordan speaks could power a city. 2019-11-21
- RT @bradleyrsimpson: Holy shit, Hill says Sondland told her he didn’t need to keep her in the loop and he said he was briefing Trump, Bolto… 2019-11-21
- This is it. The whole ballgame.
- Trouble On The Hill https://t.co/3kdJrGYfUL https://t.co/BhoUnxSROb 2019-11-23
- RT @jonfavs: This is strong
As a proud Syracuse University alum, I am very sad and troubled by what has transpired on ‘my’ campus over the past few weeks, where racist graffiti and vandalism have shut the campus down. Sadly, this is not the first time this sort of thing has happened, as a few years ago some Theta Tau pledges and brothers were suspended for a racist, tone deaf video that was part of a pledging ceremony.
In reading through the many stories that have been published about these most recent incidents, the thing that troubled me the most was something I noticed when these stories first broke. From a well reported timeline on SU’s “Daily Orange” newspaper, they layout the specific timing of the initial acts and the response of the university.
What struck me was the fact that I was on campus that weekend. I was on campus that weekend along with hundreds upon hundreds of prospective students and fellow parents of prospective students, taking tours of the campus and all the different schools on campus. That weekend was SU’s Fall Open House.
So putting on my ‘conspiracy cap’ for a moment, do we think that SU’s Administration and Admissions teams kept this on the low down during the Open House weekend, until all the prospective families had departed campus?
It would have been super awkward (and that is the understatement of the year) if SU had issued a public statement during their important Open House weekend for prospective students. I want to be clear that I have absolutely no factual evidence to back this up. I am purely speculating and connecting a few dots. And clearly, the timing of when SU’s Administration did make their initial response – 5 days after the initial event – only pushed back the media firestorm that has transpired over the past few weeks. But if there is any nugget of truth to this having any influence on the timing of their response, what does that say? No matter when the news broke, the fact of the matter is that every prospective student and parent that were up there that weekend for the Open House will be seriously reconsidering how SU fits into their future college plans based on what has transpired there.
I love Syracuse University. I bleed Orange. I was – and will continue to be – so proud of the diversity that was on the SU campus when I was there and in the years since. It was what made the school unique to me. It was not always sunshine and roses. There were issues, disagreements, and incidents. But that happens in any semi-closed environment that has such a diverse student body. The difference this time is that the level of respect that was present years ago has ceded to a culture where ignorant racists feel emboldened to spread their vile messages. This can not continue on the SU campus or in this country. My campus is better than this. We are better than this.
- RT @jonfavs: The seriousness of Schiff’s statement compared to Nunes’s nutso fever dream bullshit is something to behold. 2019-11-13
- RT @dbernstein: So far this has been very, very damning—but that might change once GOP has a chance to ask Kent & Taylor about the nude Tru… 2019-11-13
- RT @PodSaveAmerica: REP. JIM JORDAN (R): Congress will never get a chance to question the one "who started it all."
REP. PETER WELCH (D):… 2019-11-13
- . @jonfavs @PodSaveAmerica Why is no one calling out the fact that the transcript that has been released publicly… https://t.co/XDOalFGZrn 2019-11-15
- RT @PodSaveAmerica: This is the most important takeaway from today: https://t.co/UQzOkpHuDQ 2019-11-15