I went to the Doctor on New Years Day, but it wasn’t to cure a hangover. While everyone was out reveling and celebrating the turn of the new year, yours truly spent the week between Christmas and New Years battling pnemonia. Hardly a fun way to bring in the new year, and in fact, I find great irony in the fact that I was sick as a dog to close out 2003, being that it had been one of the rougher years in my life. So what did I do while being bed ridden for a full week? I am glad you asked…Lots of TV and some other things:
- Lots of sleep
- Read Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
- Started to read First, Break All the Rules by Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman
- Read The New York Times almost every day.
- VH1’s fantastic series I Love the 1980’s (1986-89 episodes)
- Watched Syracuse thrash Michigan State in basketball
- Four NFL Playoff games to determine who will lose to the Patriots.
- The Rose Bowl. My, did USC put a thumping on Michigan
- The Nokia Sugar Bowl. Yawn.
- The Mastercard Alamo Bowl – Michigan State vs. Nebraska
- The Outback Bowl – Florida vs. Iowa
- Toyota Gator Bowl – Maryland vs. West Virginia
- SBC Cotton Bowl Classic – Mississippi vs. Oklahoma State
- Mississippi Burning at 2AM (as disturbing as that is…could not sleep)
- Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde Don’t ask.
- Swingers. I forgot how great a movie this is!
- The full second season of Mind of the Married Man on HBOnDemand
- 20 Years of Monty Python on BBC America which included their best skits
I am happy to report that I have rejoined the human race. While I am not functioning at 100%, I am feeling much much better. Here’s to a wonderful 2004!