An incredible feat of engineering here in this multi-purpose fully functioning kitchen unit the size of R2-D2. This would clearly be useful for those who are living in mini-studio apartments in Manhattan.
We painted the kitchen this week. Doing so was prompted when we purchased our new kitchen table. Here are some photos of how the kitchen looks now.
This is our new kitchen table. I’m particularly proud of this acquisition to the house because we purchased the table for…wait for it…$100. You can’t get a cheezy kitchen and table set from Wal-Mart for that price. The table was damaged. Can you see the damage? Neither can I from this view. In reality, the round edge of the table is a bit loose from the main area of the table top. When we purchased the table, it had the “shabby chic” look. So a paint job, and a couple of angle irons, and we have a brand new kitchen table.
The old one is below. We really liked the old vintage table below, but unfortunately too much pressure on one of its “wings” caused it to break. Its a 65 year old table, yet 3 years in the Clark house and we manage to bring it too its knees. Makes me proud! :)
Here are some before and afters of the kitchen. In the kitchen, we removed the wallpaper, painted the walls, and bought new appliances to replace the circa 1980′s ones that came with the house. We also removed the sponge painting, replaced the doors, cleaned the cabinets, and removed the big “Ikea-type” cabinet on the right hand wall of the kitchen.
Over the past few days, we have made some significant progress on the house. Yesterday and today, the “drywall guys/demolition guys” completely stripped both upstairs bathrooms. At present, there is nothing except 2×4′s in both the kids bathroom and the master bathroom. Its actually pretty cool. I have some photos that I will post shortly. They were also able to strip out the walls in what will be our walk in closet. From here, we need to have the electrician and the plumber do their magic and then, the “drywall guys” will be back to construct the walls of the bathrooms and the walk in closet.
In addition, we rented a Wallpaper Steamer and I cranked out some serious wallpaper removal. I stripped the entire foyer and half of the kitchen of all their wallpaper. Again, photos to come. I’m taking a few days off next week so hopefully I will be able to finish up the kitchen.