- RT @KenJennings: Bankruptcy court orders Sbarro to separate letter S and letter B "as God intended." 2014-03-06
- NY Times Coverage of "12 Years A Slave" From 1853 – http://t.co/YhRBnFXD3m #12YearsASlave #NyTimes #Oscars via http://t.co/cCc0KESW2J 2014-03-03
- RT @NotBillWalton: Maybe its just me, but I think John WIlliams' Star Wars should win for best original score every year no matter what. #O… 2014-03-02
- RT @PatrickRuffini: Here is a chart of all US Twitter traffic in the last 12 hours. http://t.co/4BdJEpRQLc 2014-03-02
- RT @TheEllenShow: If only Bradley's arm was longer. Best photo ever. #oscars http://t.co/C9U5NOtGap 2014-03-02
- RT @HouseofCards: Frank Underwood is everywhere. #WatchYourStep #Oscars 2014-03-02
- RT @jeffjarvis: Age is so much more beautiful than plastic surgery. When will Hollywood learn that? 2014-03-02
- This Week's Tweets – http://t.co/uVViGchBuk #Social #Twitter #WeeklyTweets via http://t.co/cCc0KESW2J 2014-02-28
Even back in 1853, the NY Times was rocking it with some great investigative journalism. The paper gave Solomon Northup’s now famous story a good deal of attention not long after he was rescued and released from the cotton plantation down in Louisiana.
After reading through the original story in the old NY Times, no doubt that the folks who produced the Oscar winning “12 Years A Slave” did a great job bringing the story to life!
- Biggy Small – http://t.co/WeT5IwdjNO #Ecommerce #OfflineSales #OnlineCommerce via http://t.co/cCc0KESW2J 2014-02-27
- RT @foxsearchlight: Wes Anderson's much-anticipated new comedy #TheGrandBudapestHotel opens March 7 in select theaters! Learn more here: ht… 2014-02-27
- Trade stocks with no commissions. @robinhoodapp https://t.co/SeFxUToEKg 2014-02-27
- The internet is fucked | The Verge http://t.co/DOb4RWkvvF via @instapaper 2014-02-27
- I think the whole state of New Jersey needs to be repaved #potholes 2014-02-27
- RT @30for30: The next @30for30 "Requiem For The Big East" explores the meteoric ascension of the #BigEast Conference. http://t.co/LQ349q2nA0 2014-02-25
- RT @carlquintanilla: In honor of #HaroldRamis, follow @StayPuft 2014-02-24
- I think I may need to watch Stripes, Caddyshack, and Groundhog Day this weekend. Da do Ron Ron Ron, da do Ron Ron . #HaroldRamis 2014-02-24
- This Week's Tweets – http://t.co/RwQaY7XtKx #Social #Twitter #WeeklyTweets via http://t.co/63vK4tEbRe 2014-02-21
There is always so much hype about how big online commerce and online retail is, yet when you take a step back and compare the share of online purchases against the full market, you realize the vast amount of opportunity that is out there for online retailers to take:
Even on the friendliest turf for online shopping — computers and electronics — Internet stores are claiming just 25% of the market.
Not surprisingly, the Computers, Electronics and Appliances category have the deepest penetration of Online Commerce.
- RT @NunesMagician: Can we finally talk about how poorly Syracuse has been playing? http://t.co/iZdTIA2P9Q via @sbnation 2014-02-20
- RT @ESPNStatsInfo: Boston College entered the game with a .240 win pct…the worst EVER by team to defeat AP No. 1 team in February or late… 2014-02-20
- RT @ESPNDanaOneil: Commence uniform burning in Syracuse. 2014-02-20
- Jimmy Fallon’s Ragtime Version Of “Ignition (Remix)” Is Literally Perfect http://t.co/s2Tp2PlA0A 2014-02-20
- If this is a wolf, it may be most f-ed up scene out of many from Sochi Olympics. Olympian Films Wolf In Hotel Hallway http://t.co/YvF2iIQEMZ 2014-02-20
- @OrangeFizz really? They look like clowns. in reply to OrangeFizz 2014-02-19
- @cuse uniforms look like something out of 1950s. Love retro tops but go all Orange or all Blue. Not both. 2014-02-19
- Spoiler free Lessons In Ruthlessness From Frank Underwood #houseofcards http://t.co/zO7kQmuo3y via @youtube 2014-02-17
- @jimpstephens been getting a lot of spam tweets from you. May want to check your account. in reply to jimpstephens 2014-02-14
- This Week's Tweets – http://t.co/BcNeTuR8N4 #Social #Twitter #WeeklyTweets via http://t.co/63vK4tEbRe 2014-02-14
Amid all the superfluous banter and ‘less-than-shock-and-awe’ over Syracuse’s loss last night to lowly Boston College, was this hilarious take down of our favorite Syracuse coaching punching bag Jim Boeheim via Grantland:
Previously undefeated Syracuse suffered its first loss of the season in surprising fashion, falling 62-59 to unranked Boston College at home. “Oh, we were definitely looking past them,” said Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim after the game. “I mean, they had six wins and we have Duke on deck. Don’t be an idiot.” Boeheim then shrugged and said, “Honestly, I still couldn’t tell you a thing about how they play. They probably run an offense of some sort. But I was playing this bird flapping game on my iPad for most of the first half,” before making a fart sound with his mouth.
To be clear, I could not be prouder of the Syracuse program and what they have done over the past 25 games. It was awesome and just a joy to watch, even if the games were ugly sometimes, or nail biters other times. In the long run, having Syracuse lose now is a good thing. I’d rather have it happen now than in March during the tournament.
However, losing to a team like Boston College, who has barely 6 wins, is definitely not a good reflection on the team or the coaching staff’s ability to motivate and adjust to the situation. And with the past two games and how close they were (vs Pitt and NC State), you could just feel that a loss like this was bound to happen.
- Nice. Joe Biden called @tdot_ennis today to congratulate him on buzzer beater to keep @syrbasketball unbeaten http://t.co/fT4IhgLlyN” 2014-02-13
- Nice write up on the SU Orange and last night's epic win. Ennis, Syracuse breaking all the rules. http://t.co/ECbZdeLQvt 2014-02-13
- RT @mattyglesias: Worrying that mergers will reduce cable competition seems like multiplying zero by larger numbers. 2014-02-12
- RT @parislemon: Save us, @googlefiber you're our only hope. 2014-02-12
- How the Beatles Went Viral: Blunders, Technology & Luck Broke the Fab Four in America http://t.co/VIEuiCd2AW via @instapaper 2014-02-10
- This Week's Tweets – http://t.co/IeSZZv20Xs #Social #Twitter #WeeklyTweets via http://t.co/63vK4tEbRe 2014-02-07
- Triple Buzzer Beater – http://t.co/OfZ1lU3DCU via http://t.co/63vK4tEbRe 2014-02-06
- Football gods were looking down on NFL. #sb48 in snow would have been awesome though! Winter Storm hits NYC area – http://t.co/V0t7SSOWhM 2014-02-03
- Why not me? #EsuranceSave30 2014-02-02
- RT @AZSuperBowl: You have exactly one quarter of football left to retweet us for your chance to win an iPad Air! Every RT is an entry. http… 2014-02-02
- At least we all got a free song to download from @U2 #sb48 2014-02-02
- RT @davepell: Denver is eighteen safeties away from getting back into this. 2014-02-02
- RT @NotBillWalton: Sadly for Broncos fans, Tim Tebow is having a better Super Bowl Sunday than Peyton Manning. 2014-02-02
- RT @simplebits: Dylan selling cars and Phillip Seymour Hoffman dead. C’mon, 2014. 2014-02-02
- Wow, so sad. RT @DavidMuir Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead in NYC home. Won Best Actor Oscar for Capote. So many indelible performances. in reply to DavidMuir 2014-02-02
- Look who's going to be the #1 team in the country today. @cuse Arizona loses to Cal on last second shot – http://t.co/P0TvVMOdtH 2014-02-02
- RT @ESPNCBB: In case you were wondering, Syracuse travels to Duke on Feb 22nd. #DUKEvsCUSE 2014-02-01
- This Week's Tweets – http://t.co/Yee1l3WYf9 #Social #Twitter #WeeklyTweets via http://t.co/63vK4tEbRe 2014-01-31
In a game last night between Virginia Military Institute and Gardner-Webb College, there were three buzzer beaters that extended the game into an extra Overtime session, and a fourth shot by Gardner-Webb with about 30 seconds to go that extended the game from a 2nd OT to a 3rd OT. Goes to show that you don’t need to be in a ‘major’ conference to watch some fantastic college hoops! A pretty impressive feat of clutch shooting by the VMI team!
- And the jokes came rolling in. Embattled Toronto mayor Rob Ford, defends Justin Bieber via @YahooNewsDigest http://t.co/mNg3ATuXZg 2014-01-30
- Just a reminder of how the Legend rolls – http://t.co/2oBKoRetE9 rt @billsimmons 2014-01-24
- This Week's Tweets – http://t.co/JfPzlZ7a1q #Social #Twitter #WeeklyTweets via http://t.co/63vK4tEbRe 2014-01-24
- Baby, you'r so money and you don't even know it. An oral history of one of the great movies of our time, Swingers – http://t.co/WfzqGKs9oz 2014-01-22
- Awesome poster of Famous Movie Quotes as data Charts – http://t.co/WRGTKntrjy 2014-01-20
- What you need to know about the court decision that just struck down net neutrality — Tech News and Analysis http://t.co/VMiDqfAAvu 2014-01-19
- @hbogo completely down. #nothappy 2014-01-17
- @dickiev with a nice little write up of the Orange. http://t.co/LSCFQ3a8jW 2014-01-07
- House of Cards Season 2 Trailer. Looking good, but with a touch of predictability. Hope I'm wrong. http://t.co/y6JW5DIkkq 2014-01-06
- NHL Player Evades 2 Defenders Like A Hockey Magician For Brilliant Goal. Love the announcer reaction 'Enough said' http://t.co/iasnQEUEkI 2014-01-06
- RT @helloericho: Oh, Holmdel. The Birthplace of the Cellphone Is Being Turned Into a Mall http://t.co/81dLFH8ss7 2014-01-04
- RT @nytimes: New York State Is Set to Loosen Marijuana Laws http://t.co/zA5bUmxyJA 2014-01-04
- A surprisingly interesting oral history of Sir Mix-a-Lot's Baby Got Back http://t.co/d4JQTZCxCa 2014-01-04
- McSorley's – http://t.co/baIFIliUbi #Ale #EastVillage #Food #Mcsorleys #Nyc via http://t.co/63vK4tEbRe 2014-01-04
- RT @NunesMagician: Dear ACC, you know how FSU and Clemson fans are during football season? Now it's our season. Your hatches? Batten them t… 2014-01-03
- Does not bode well for Chiefs @Deadspin: KC dyes fountain red 4 Chiefs, fountain freezes, looks like bloodbath: http://t.co/WgEvcz82vb” in reply to Deadspin 2014-01-03
An article from yesterday’s NY Times titled Comfort From the Cold Winds about the one and only McSorley’s brought a little tear to my eye. It also reminded me that I need to get back there soon. It has been way way too long, my old Irish friend.
Beyond the greatness of the bar, it’s beer, and it’s unrivaled atmosphere, McSorley’s great little secret has always been it’s food. After several lights or darks with your oldest drinking buddies (or the newest ones you just met after being thrust down at one of those scarred wooden tables), bellying up for the McSorley’s burger & steak fries would make the same meal at Five Guys or Smashburger seem downright partisan. I’m not saying it’s the greatest meal you will ever have, but paired with the atmosphere, it is tough to beat.
Whenever I knew there was a “McSorley’s Virgin” in the mix, I would always push the Mustard and Saltines hard. The presentation of the Mustard was always something to behold. It was just slopped into a extra beer mug, filled halfway, with a flat wooden spoon and crusted mustard on the lip of the mug. Hardly sanitary but it just fits so well sitting there in the middle of the ancient, spilled upon wooden table. Having the mustard for the first time was a true initiation into the wonder and old time history of the bar, as the article so eloquently puts it:
Go easy with that tub of yellow mustard. It’s full of Colman’s, and a heaping spoonful of this British staple can unleash a saloon brawl on your tongue.
One last McSorley’s memory to share: I was there many moons ago with several friends from my undergraduate days at Syracuse. I think that visit to McSorley’s was part of a bachelor party. As can only be done at McSorley’s, we ended up sharing a table with some intimidating looking, leather clad bikers. Several fists full of lights and darks later, one friend of mine was going toe to toe in a drinking contest with the biker dude introduced to us as “Porkchop”. It was just a beautiful scene.
- The Day Google Had to 'Start Over' on Android – Fred Vogelstein – The Atlantic http://t.co/buzbV5X5I5 via @instapaper 2013-12-19
- The blog is dead, long live the blog » Nieman Journalism Lab http://t.co/Td3Riq5wzz via @instapaper 2013-12-19
- Check out Mohave Typefaces, a new and free display typefaces by @AbsolutFoundry http://t.co/JYdwe0EjQU 2013-12-18
- @bthdonohue awesome! Thanks for the quick responses! in reply to bthdonohue 2013-12-17
- @bthdonohue http://t.co/kMizFtkY9m in reply to bthdonohue 2013-12-16
- @bthdonohue my iOS @instapaper app is not letting me log in. I uninstalled/reinstalled and still not taking. login working via web. in reply to bthdonohue 2013-12-16
- RT @markleggett: Will Ferrell will be attending Peter O'Toole's funeral as Ron Burgundy. 2013-12-16
- Is @instapaper down? Can't log on and couldn't save articles earlier. 2013-12-16
- This Week's Tweets – http://t.co/Rq2iL48cuL #Social #Twitter #WeeklyTweets via http://t.co/63vK4tEbRe 2013-12-13